As an Enterprise Architect at Effectual, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our technology landscape and ensuring alignment with our strategic objectives. Enterprise Architects works closely with stakeholders, leadership, and SME’s (subject matter experts) to develop and implement an organization’s strategy, information, processes, and IT assets. An EA is responsible for using this knowledge to ensure technology and business alignment.
A Glimpse into the Daily Routine of an Enterprise Architect
During the day-to-day, EA’s will play a vital role across the enterprise IT landscape; they will be defining applications, establishing architecture principles, leading digital transformation, developing enterprise frameworks, decommissioning, or transforming legacy applications, data migration, security, privacy, etc. The role of an Enterprise Architect is to ensure that the organization’s solutions for our customers’ IT strategy is aligned with its strategic goals. Your job is to analyze business properties, and the external environment and define business needs and validate and assure what was solutioned is implementable during the pre-sales cycle and assure and monitor the implementation of the solution during the post-sale cycle. The Enterprise Architect will be strategizing multi-year roadmaps to enable business growth, ensure compliance and reduce the complexity of key business and IT processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture strategy, roadmap, and principles that align with business goals and drive innovation.
- Lead the design and implementation of enterprise-wide systems, applications, and integrations that optimize performance, scalability, and security.
- Establish and enforce architectural standards, policies, and best practices to ensure consistency, quality, and compliance across the organization.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends, providing recommendations on their potential impact and applicability to the enterprise architecture.
- Partner with business stakeholders, IT leaders, and development teams to understand requirements, prioritize initiatives, and drive consensus on architectural decisions.
- Identify and mitigate architectural risks, vulnerabilities, and dependencies to safeguard business continuity and data integrity.
- Lead the transformation of legacy systems and processes, fostering a culture of innovation, agility, and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to architects, developers, and cross-functional teams to foster skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Review and provide significant input and information during the sales cycle.
- Participate in Architectural Review Board pre-sales and post-sales.
- Provide guidance and reviews of technical solutions and implementations for all projects sold.
- This is a demanding position, that requires a high level of commitment and dedication.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven experience, 7+ years, in enterprise architecture, solution design, and technology leadership roles. Expertise in cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), microservices architecture, and API design.
- Expert level knowledge (minimal 10 years) in both architecting and implementing a of minimal 5 of the following technologies in a capacity of a consulting company: AWS Cloud, HashiCorp, Databricks, Snowflake, VMware, Kafka, Kubernetes.
- Travel up to 60% of the time may be required based on the needs of our customer and the business. Ability to work EST, CST & PST.
Both soft and hard skills are required to become a successful EA which becomes visible already in common enterprise architect. The role requires both strong communication skills as well as analytical skills to ensure that businesses have the right tools for success. Skills include:
- Problem-solving: Ability to define which issues need to be addressed, and the variables that may affect their resolution. Plus, the ability to come up with solutions that effectively address business and IT issues through technical analysis, troubleshooting, research, evaluation, and communication.
- Consensus building: Discussing with stakeholders and getting agreement on the problem and solution. This requires both strong verbal and written communication skills to settle conflicts.
- Solution realization: Turning solution proposals into reality throughout the process of development, testing, and deployment. Adapt best-in-class frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s more pressing business challenges.
- Solution management: Ability to manage the solution through its lifecycle.
- Leadership: Strong leadership skills are needed to empower employees and IT teams to remain on task and meet deadlines. Collaborative leader, accustomed to working and leading within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge: Fluency to develop and use solution architecture frameworks, patterns, and best practices to drive business transformation.
- Entrepreneurial: An entrepreneurial spirit and focus on innovation. Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategics to solve client problems.
Company Offered Benefits
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our employee benefit programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurances,
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurances,
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off (PTO) (120 hours PTO that accrue over one year)
- Paid time off for major holidays (14 days per year)
- These and any other employee benefit offerings are subject to management’s discretion and may change at any time.
Salary Range for this position: $126,400-$199,200
CA ID: IT10000765 “Salary ranges provided are for informational purposes only and may vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, and geographic location. The final salary offer will be determined based on the candidate’s skills and alignment with the role requirements.”
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer. Duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Effectual Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected classification in its hiring, promoting, or any other job-related opportunity.